Object of Play
The object of this game is to examine an issue from another perspective, and find significance in the issue.
Number of Players
Duration of Play
10 minutes to 1 hour
How to Play
1. Look at an issue, product, or course of action using these three lenses:
- Heart: What makes it emotionally engaging?
- Hand: What makes it tangible and practical?
- Mind: What makes it logical and sensible?
2. List the characteristics or features that appeal to each lens.
Significant products, activities, and experiences appeal to a whole person; they “feed the heart, hand, and mind.” Use these three lenses as a means of finding, clarifying, or diagnosing the meaning of any endeavor.
The Heart, Hand, Mind game was inspired by Swiss educational reformer Heinrich Pestalozzi.